Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first car ever (2011 Ford Fiesta SEL in Red Candy). I have never changed a windshield wiper in my life, but these past few days have been quite frustrating. I cannot, for the life of me, put on new wiper blades. The type of connection the Fiesta wipers have doesn't seem to be available on most wipers. I have looked everywhere, including this forum, in regards to which wipers I can get. I hope I am not limited to only Motorcraft wipers through the dealer.

After reading through some posts, I purchased the Rain-X Latitude in 24" and the Michelin Stealth in 16" (Amazon verified it would fit the 2011 Ford Fiesta). I cannot figure out how to put them on. The Rain-X came with a few connectors, but none of them seem to match. I thought the PTB one would, but it doesn't seem like it. The Michelin came with nothing and doesn't seem to match at all. Can someone please help?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Find a local AutoZone or Goodyear. See if they'll assist. I too gave up and on the prior cars AutoZone did one set, Goodyear the rest. Last month Goodyear swapped on new blades for me when they put on my Winter rim/tire set. I refuse to try and solve the jigsaw puzzle needed these days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know your pain. I too ordered "normal" style blades and they didn't connect. I got motorcraft, because they were free, and to be honest they are really good blades until they crap out. But Bosch does make Icon blades that fit, but I don't remember the specific part designation, it's something like OB.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to Autozone and the book they had showed only a Duralast 24" and nothing for the passenger side. I bought a Bosch Icon 24" and 16" which neither fit as well. So now, I have 4 useless wipers.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I went to Ford dealer and they put them on , price was like $25 for the blades and no cost on install.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I bought the same rain-x latitude 24" blade as you. The instruction are pretty clear as for which adapter to use. I suggest you go back and read them over again. I only used the adapter for a couple of days though and then transferred the mount from my old Ford blade to the rain-x so the arm would sit lower.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know the Rain X ones at Walmart had the right adapter when I looked at them.

However I just bought a new pair of Motorcraft ones from the Dealership.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the Rain X ones at Walmart had the right adapter when I looked at them.

However I just bought a new pair of Motorcraft ones from the Dealership.
Do you know which adapter it is? Would it be the PTB? I can't seem to figure it out, even after reading the instructions. They don't call it "push button" adapter.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I believe there were four pictures off to the side of the instructions (section H? I think) with arrows indicating how to slip it up into the arm. I don't remember exactly anymore, but I believe you had to lift it up into the arm first and then slide it towards the passenger side of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but can you describe in more detail the adaptor that you got to work with your fiesta? I have rain x latitude wipers to put on mine and from what I can tell of the adaptor that came with mine it will not install. My research has shown you need the PTB adaptor which I havent found any rain x blades to carry except the b-24-2 blade.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put Rain X Latitudes on my 2013 Fiesta. Used the PTB arm adapter. The problem was they do not go on the same way the OEM blades came off. I think that was the hardest part to figure out. They do fit however using the included instructions. The existing arm slides down on top of the RainX PTB fitting instead of sliding into the OEM one. Once you slide the existing arm onto the the top of the RainX blades you slide the locking mechanism down and it pushes again the arms and holds it into place with a click. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I have Anco Contour blades on the Fiesta and the Anco Winter Extreme on the Fusion. Next blade change on the Fiesta the Winter Extreme will be the blade of choice. Hard part about that is the different size blades needed on the Fiesta versus the Fusion (same size).

This morning was a bit of snow with sleet and freezing rain on top of it making for interesting ice coverings on both cars. Remote start each as I cleared the steps and walkway and then tried the wipers on both cars without doing any cleaning at all. Fusion (Winter Extreme) cleared all but about 8 square inches in the upper right of the windshield - on the first pass. Fiesta, not so although it cleared almost 3/4 of the windshield. Second pass on the Fusion all was clear, Fiesta still had a few square inches in the passenger area of the front. There was about 1/8-1/4 inch of ice on each car as well as some snow buildup.

Yup - Anco for the win ... anything except the OEM stuff! <shudder>

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the same rain-x latitude 24" blade as you. The instruction are pretty clear as for which adapter to use. I suggest you go back and read them over again. I only used the adapter for a couple of days though and then transferred the mount from my old Ford blade to the rain-x so the arm would sit lower.
Can you tell me how you did that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts