Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just got my 2011 Fiesta, US 5-speed hatchback. Unfortunately a truck kicked up a rock on the freeway today and put a big crack in the windshield. It's too big to fix according to a local repair/replace outfit, and they don't have the glass in stock. Dealer said the same.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

-Hussein

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hello all!

Just got my 2011 Fiesta, US 5-speed hatchback. Unfortunately a truck kicked up a rock on the freeway today and put a big crack in the windshield. It's too big to fix according to a local repair/replace outfit, and they don't have the glass in stock. Dealer said the same.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

-Hussein
All you can do if have them order one. Make sure it is the exact Ford with the "Quiet" something. My old Matrix I noticed a crack the second day. The repalcement had that tint accros the top, it was bad, like having the son visors down. Also in line of sight.

·
Registered
324 Posts
At least it will be replaced. When I first got my HD Duramax pickup a few years ago, a rock kicked up and put a starburst in the windshield when I had been driving the truck for less than a year. The insurance company determined that the starburst was too small for a windshield replacement, and they would only pay for the fill & patch. This damage was directly at eye level on the driver's side (right in front of me every minute I drive it). They said if it develops into a crack, they would replace it. I spent some time on a hot August day with a rubber mallet and an ice pack, but no dice. The starburst is still there, 8 years later.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
VERY IMPORTANT!!

You must specifically request OEM glass from Ford to be certain that you get a quality product...many insurance companies will try and offer you aftermarket glass that many times does not offer the same quality that OEM does....

Make sure you tell your insurance co that you will ONLY accept Ford OEM glass and no subsititues!

·
Banned
528 Posts
Ford "SoundScreen"

Be sure it is the "SoundScreen"
That is the OEM spec.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You want an OEM windshield since it has noise reduction properties in it!!! To keep the car noise level low, keep with the OEM windshield.

You may want to purchase some of that glass chip fix to help minimize anymore cracking until you can get a new OEM windshield!

·
Registered
508 Posts
So sorry to hear that! Please let us know how much the replacement costs. If it's a bunch I might consider dropping my deductible. I had it high because Miata windshields are about $220 each installed but if the Fiesta's is as expensive as I suspect it is then a lower deductible would be in order.

·
Registered
984 Posts
In Florida as long as the vehicle has full coverage the windshield can be replaced or repaired free of charge you don't even pay a deductable.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In Florida as long as the vehicle has full coverage the windshield can be replaced or repaired free of charge you don't even pay a deductable.
that's also how my insurance is. but i live in NY

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pitted already

just got my first pitt in my sedan, took it to the dealership and they said it wasnt through the full layer, thank god i would hate to see what a winshield costs, South Dakota has a tendency to spread any cracks in the blink of an eye!!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Some insurance policies have what's called "glass deductible buyback", where for a small fee ($10 or so), the normal ($500 or whatever) deductible does not apply. If you get a broken windshield, you don't have to pay for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts