Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Looking for a set of factory lug nuts for alloy wheels.

Thanks.
If you want OEM ones, head to your dealer or check out Tasca Parts online. Personally, I'd recommend heading to a tire store or Ebay and just purchasing some replacement chrome lugnuts as the factory ones have a cap on them and they tend to swell and become difficult to get a socket onto.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want OEM ones, head to your dealer or check out Tasca Parts online. Personally, I'd recommend heading to a tire store or Ebay and just purchasing some replacement chrome lugnuts as the factory ones have a cap on them and they tend to swell and become difficult to get a socket onto.
Thanks, but Ford has lost their mind. $7 a lug nut is insane.

Prefer OEM stainless over aftermarket chrome plated.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I thought they were just capped with a stainless sleeve?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
They are. Corrosion gets between the nut and the cap and swells the cap. It's the first thing we always did was ditch OEM capped lugnuts. I can't count how many times a customer was stranded at night on the side of the road and couldn't change their tire because they couldn't fit the lug wrench over the swollen cap.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've seen them after someone uses a socket that's just a little too big and ruins them too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are. Corrosion gets between the nut and the cap and swells the cap. It's the first thing we always did was ditch OEM capped lugnuts. I can't count how many times a customer was stranded at night on the side of the road and couldn't change their tire because they couldn't fit the lug wrench over the swollen cap.
We don't get that kind of corrosion down here. The worst we have is poorly trained techs who destroy the lugs with worn out sockets on impacts.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We don't get that kind of corrosion down here. The worst we have is poorly trained techs who destroy the lugs with worn out sockets on impacts.
Not a lot of corrosion in California either, but the caps still swell. Anyhow, $140 will net you all new OEM lugnuts, or you can spend $15 on some chrome ones. Like i said, to each their own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts