Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm new to this forum, and I have been falling in love with my 2016 Ford Fiesta SE 1.6. I've had it for a bit over a year now, and honestly, I can't take it anymore. It's time. It's such a lovely little car, but I just want it to be more.
I've already done all that is sensible. Taken out the rear bench, the donut spare when I'm local, floor mats, and run with at most a half a tank of gas.
I have a taste of improvement, and I'm hooked. I want more.
Unfortunately, an upgrade to an ST isn't realistic and won't be for some time, so, if you hypothetically had a stimulus check sized pile of money, what would you do to an otherwise stock ford fiesta se?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
What are your goals? There are not many engine performance options other than CAI and exhaust. There are many options for suspension, chassis, wheels though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean, my ultimate goal is to save up for an ST and truly mod that out.

To my understanding, about the full extent of mods for an SE would just be a CAI, exhaust, and then the plethora of handling mods (which I know for sure I don't know all of, as much as I want to)
The most sensible of all likely being a FRPP suspension with some new sway bar end links.

But just like $/lb saved in weight reduction, every mod has a vaugely quantifiable fun/$, and I'm just looking for what may make this car the best (automatic, kill me) SE fiesta it can be.

I'm not looking for some insane straight line speed, I'd have gotten a early 2000's mustang if I wanted that. I want this little thing to carve and own the twisty back roads in the hills in and around the northeast, and not completely fall apart and die when I get overzealous and fail to dodge a pothole, and to be able to handle the rough and vaugely paved and sometimes dirt roads winding through the forest mountains up here in the northeast.

So, in a manner of speaking, anything that reduces the chances of me truly becoming one with nature and getting a bit too friendly with a tree would be something I'd like, buuuuut,
a) a manual is a priority
b) an ST would be in so many ways, just a better place to start from.

So money I put into this furthers me from that ST, so it needs to really be worth it.

TL;DR, what mods are hard to live without, if any truly exist for that sort of fun spirited driving that the Fiesta is good for?

·
Super Moderator
1,316 Posts
You are on the right track. As for handling check out the Pierce Motorsports rear bar as well as their chassis stiffening pieces. Btw as for exhaust, it’s hard to beat the factory ST catback. We have had three exhaust configurations on our Fiestas and nothing beat the quality and deep sound of the ST. Search for posts I did on the ST exhaust a few years back

·
Registered
14 Posts
I mean, my ultimate goal is to save up for an ST and truly mod that out.

To my understanding, about the full extent of mods for an SE would just be a CAI, exhaust, and then the plethora of handling mods (which I know for sure I don't know all of, as much as I want to)
The most sensible of all likely being a FRPP suspension with some new sway bar end links.

But just like $/lb saved in weight reduction, every mod has a vaugely quantifiable fun/$, and I'm just looking for what may make this car the best (automatic, kill me) SE fiesta it can be.

I'm not looking for some insane straight line speed, I'd have gotten a early 2000's mustang if I wanted that. I want this little thing to carve and own the twisty back roads in the hills in and around the northeast, and not completely fall apart and die when I get overzealous and fail to dodge a pothole, and to be able to handle the rough and vaugely paved and sometimes dirt roads winding through the forest mountains up here in the northeast.

So, in a manner of speaking, anything that reduces the chances of me truly becoming one with nature and getting a bit too friendly with a tree would be something I'd like, buuuuut,
a) a manual is a priority
b) an ST would be in so many ways, just a better place to start from.

So money I put into this furthers me from that ST, so it needs to really be worth it.

TL;DR, what mods are hard to live without, if any truly exist for that sort of fun spirited driving that the Fiesta is good for?
CAI do not do it... Put your car back to factory and drive it. Save your money. Buy a car platform that you need to start with that will take the kind of mods you want. The SE will not take the kind of performance mods that you want. UNLESS, you strip it and RALLY it. And you will still spend way more than that the guy that beat you on race day because you started with a SE...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts