Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had the same exact issue happen. Fortunately my car is still under warranty, but this is what the invoice said that they replaced.

They replaced:
M Tech R/R both Adapter and Apim module
BE8Z*19A164*A control asy - headphone volume
D2BZ*19C149*CB Bezel
D6BZ*14D202*A Cable asy

·
Registered
309 Posts
A few months ago I had the same problem happen to my 2011 Fiesta.

When I click the voice button nothing happens. It accesses the sync system, but when it does their is silence. Also the USB no longer works with my Ipod. However, it will charge it or my phone. Also the bluetooth doesn't work. The light will come on when I turn the bluetooth on in my phone, but that's all.

I've found the fuse box behind the glove compartment. However...it looks nothing like the pictures that I've found in the manual as well as the one's that I've found online. So I have no idea which fuse to pull.

I've disconnected the battery and that has done nothing, same goes for the master reset.

I went to the local Ford dealer and had their bluetooth "expert" take a look at the problems first hand. He said that he has never seen anything like this before and that he would do more research into it. Needless to say a few days later that he told me that I would need to bring the car in to have their radio "expert" look into it. And that it would cost me money.

This wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't already dump close to three grand into the car to have the clutch replaced(did I mention that it's a hybrid clutch....ie stupid expensive) I've also had problems with the engine from almost day one.

I've always been a VW gu,y and after this brief foray into the Ford arena I remember why. I can not believe the amount of problems that I've had with this car...especially considering that I bought it new and it's three years old.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction to getting this USB/Bluetooth/Sync thing figured out I would appreciate it.
Hi bbottom,

You've already walked through the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended. At this point, I think it's best to schedule an appointment with your dealership to get this resolved.

Kim

·
Registered
959 Posts
I now have same issues and can't find any answers online. When I press Aux button screen briefly flashes to Line in then quickly back to Fm radio. There is no voice command. Phone button does nothing. When I press Menu , there is no bluetooth or phone options. So that will not allow me to do a master reset. I of course have tried removing the F10 fuse and leaving it out for a few minutes.. No luck. I removed Neg Bat cable, and left it off for 10 mins. Doesn't help. I did read somewhere to remove fuse and turn on car for 3 to 5 mins then shut off and reinstall fuse.. I haven't tried this yet.. Has anybody else had this problem and actually had it resolved? Did Ford have to replace anything ? I now am on my Extended Warranty so there is a $50 deductible I would like to avoid if possible. ...Anybody ??
This exactly just happened! !! After 3 years with no problems suddenly sync stopped working. Ahhhh

Maybe now i will have an excuse to buy an aftermarket stero.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi bbottom,

You've already walked through the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended. At this point, I think it's best to schedule an appointment with your dealership to get this resolved.

Kim
I appreciate your feedback but I would rather sell the car then put another dime into it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
This exactly just happened! !! After 3 years with no problems suddenly sync stopped working. Ahhhh

Maybe now i will have an excuse to buy an aftermarket stero.
Hi Rick Chichar,

Have you already walked through these troubleshooting steps: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync If not, I recommend starting there. I'll be here if you have questions.

I appreciate your feedback but I would rather sell the car then put another dime into it.
I wish I could be more helpful. Let me know if you do decide to take it into your dealership. I want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Kim

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi Rick Chichar,

Have you already walked through these troubleshooting steps: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/troubleshooting-sync If not, I recommend starting there. I'll be here if you have questions.

I wish I could be more helpful. Let me know if you do decide to take it into your dealership. I want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Kim
Thanks Kim
The problem was solved by disconnecting the battery but I wil do a master reset too to keep things smooth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:mad: So my entire audio/ hands free system is completely dead. When I turn it on it just says "Ford Audio." Dealership is saying it "might" be the head somethingorother and wants to charge me around $1,000 because it it a 2011 with 60,000 miles and over mileage warranty, but mileage should have nothing to do with the audio system. Anyone else experience this or hear of what needs to be fixed?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
1000$! Yeesh. If it's the control pad, buy one off eBay, I have 3 spares and another on the way. Or if it's the radio body itself, you can buy the parts from Tasca and get a stereo shop to install it, or your self if you can. I'm not sure if it would need to be enabled by the dealer, but if it does I'm not sure what that would cost. Surely not 1000$!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having this exact same problem. The voice button on the signal shifter is dead, and pressing "phone" does nothing and the USB doesn't charge the phone.

Shame because I really love the car besides this.

One question: where's the best place to start? Calling FOrd or taking it into dealership?

·
Registered
651 Posts
When you say the voice button is dead, does it make a ding or any noise at all, or does absolutely nothing happen? I've heard where the voice turns off, leaving people waiting to hear the system before they make a voice request, and then the systems reverts to its previous function before the driver figures it out.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm having this exact same problem. The voice button on the signal shifter is dead, and pressing "phone" does nothing and the USB doesn't charge the phone.

One question: where's the best place to start? Calling FOrd or taking it into dealership?
Hi Weird Tolkienish,

Check to see if you're able to perform a master reset: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/phone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

If the lack of button functionality causes you to have trouble performing a master reset, this will need to be addressed by your dealership. Follow this link to find one in your area: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/results/?gnav=header-tools

Kim

·
Registered
7 Posts
When you say the voice button is dead, does it make a ding or any noise at all, or does absolutely nothing happen? I've heard where the voice turns off, leaving people waiting to hear the system before they make a voice request, and then the systems reverts to its previous function before the driver figures it out.
The button does nothing, despite repeatedly pushing it. Also the "phone" button on the center console does absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got myself a Fiesta, new to the forum - but I'm having a very similar issue with the Sync. I'm going to try some of these things when I get back into the car. Fingers crossed - because I'm so tired of hearing the same 6 songs on the radio!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having the same issue, I have been to syncmyride, and it says there is an update for my system. Downloaded the update, but cannot install it because my USB does not work. My vehicle is the 2011 Ford Fiesta SE, this comes with the basic sync system. If I press the Aux button it flashes for maybe 1/2 a second and returns me the radio station I was listening to. If I press the phone button nothing happens, if I press the voice command button again nothing happens. My phone does not recognize the sync system at all, it is like it does not exist. I have today pulled the fuse. I did that earlier and have drove around with nothing to listen to but my Pandora on my phone (which would be great if I could hook it up to my sync) I have been having this issue for about 5 months now. I have tried everything. I have even removed the battery and the fuse all day in hopes that it would reset everything to a factory mode, but to no avail it changed nothing. So I thought I would try removing the fuse and running around with the fuse out and listen silently to myself. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jaclyn,

When I press the aux button, it stays there for about a half second and goes back to the radio. I can't even get into the Sync system to do a reset.
I am having the same exact problem, I have a 2016 ford fiesta. Were you able to fix it? if so what was the fix?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have anyone replaced de Sync Module? Mine got wet and now is dead I found one on eBay but is not clear if I can just plug it without a dealer.... In my country there is no dealer and the Ford authorized repair center is trying to charge me 700$ for de diagnostic and possibly more for the part that is 60$ on ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having the same issue, I have been to syncmyride, and it says there is an update for my system. Downloaded the update, but cannot install it because my USB does not work. My vehicle is the 2011 Ford Fiesta SE, this comes with the basic sync system. If I press the Aux button it flashes for maybe 1/2 a second and returns me the radio station I was listening to. If I press the phone button nothing happens, if I press the voice command button again nothing happens. My phone does not recognize the sync system at all, it is like it does not exist. I have today pulled the fuse. I did that earlier and have drove around with nothing to listen to but my Pandora on my phone (which would be great if I could hook it up to my sync) I have been having this issue for about 5 months now. I have tried everything. I have even removed the battery and the fuse all day in hopes that it would reset everything to a factory mode, but to no avail it changed nothing. So I thought I would try removing the fuse and running around with the fuse out and listen silently to myself. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi rickert91,
I'm new to the forum and have the exact same problems with mine. Word for Word of what you decribed. It's like my sync system is just dead or something. Did you finally get yours fixed and if so how. Any help you could offer would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, did you ever find a solution to your Sync issue? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts